Pancake Dad! - by Ken Gordon
Pancake Dad is a delightfully illustrated children’s book about a father who makes pancakes every Saturday for his three children. They use this opportunity to bond, have fun and make memeoires. When they are done making pancakes, they always serve Mom breakfast in bed, because she works so hard during the week. Finally, when everything is done and Mom has been served breakfast, Pancake Dad and his children sit down to eat together,
bonding and creating positive memories.
The story has five themes written thorughotu with positive messages:
1. A father putting away distractions like his cell phone, tablet and laptop and actively engaging with his children.
2. A father empowering his daughter to know she can do anything she puts her mind to.
3. A father modeling what it is to be a man to his sons.
4. A father treating the mother of his children as a queen, with respect and love.
5. A father leading his family to a relationship with God.
This was a very nice wholesome book that shows an amazing family filled with love and a great relationship with god. I really liked how the father made Saturday such a special day for everyone. The kids seemed so happy to wake up to have dad’s famous pancakes. The point about putting away all distractions like his cellphone to give full attention to his family was something that really stuck out to me. I know I have a hard time getting away from my phone. I highly recommend reading this book because you will walk away with a new sense of how you should live your life. We should learn to put away distractions and spend more quality time with the family making wonderful loving memories.
Pre-order today - https://www.dadsoffaith.com/pre-order-page
See more inside the book on Instagram